Are you a:
- privacy professional in either the public or private sector
- privacy advocate
- legal professional
- law student
- other person familiar with privacy concepts?
If so, then this page helps direct you to more detailed or specialised information about privacy on our site.
Government Privacy Contact Officers should also see our Privacy Contact Officers section, which contains further specific information tailored to the public sector PCO.
- Materials and Resources
- Information sheets - guidance on how the Privacy Act and how the privacy principles apply
- Case notes - guidance on how the Office applies the law in practice
- FAQs - find the answers to your frequently asked questions about privacy
- Submissions - keep up to date with the Office's views on the latest public policy developments
- Complaints statistics - see how many complaints the Office receives and the most common categories of complaint
- Audits - see how the Office conducts assessments of privacy risk
- Speeches - find transcripts of the latest speeches and presentations made by the Office
- Business - find out how the Privacy Act applies to private sector organisations and read our guidance material
- Consultations - check this page regularly for the opportunity to submit your views to the Office as part of our commitment to stakeholder consultation
- International - find out more about the Office's involvement in what's happening in privacy globally
- Privacy Connections network - join our network to find out about the Office's upcoming corporate forums and workshops
- News and events - check this page regularly for the latest Office news and upcoming privacy events
- Subscribe - sign up to our email notifier service to alert you to recent privacy developments
- Privacy Matters newsletter - sign up to our quarterly newsletter for in-depth feature articles, and to find out what the Office has been doing.